Summer is finally here! Warm days mean lots of time by the pool. Nobody wants to be in a hot kitchen when they could be relaxing by the pool. All those hours in the sun require fuel. Here’s a list of filling snacks to keep you and the kids fed and energized.
- Hummus + Pretzels/Crackers or Veggies
- Ants on a Log – a classic that can’t be overlooked! Fill celery sticks with peanut or almond butter and top with raisins.
- Grape and Cheese Kabobs. A delicious and filling combination. Try using plastic drink stirrers instead of skewers (they’re smaller and not as sharp).
- Granola Bars/Energy Bites – store bought or homemade, these are easy, delicious and come in a variety of flavors.
If you’re looking for something new, we found two dip recipes to add to your recipe book.
- Poolside Fruit Dip (http://www.theseasonedmom.com/poolside-fruit-dip-other-healthy-snacks-for-kids/)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup plain Greek style yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- For serving: your favorite fruits (strawberries, grapes, pineapple, apple slices, etc)
- Whisk together orange juice and pudding mix for approximately 30 second -1 minute, or until it starts to thicken and become smooth. Whisk in yogurt.
- Gently fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with a variety of your favorite fresh fruit.
- Tried and True Skinny Poolside Dip (http://flavorite.net/2015/06/16/tried-and-true-skinny-poolside-dip/)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 jalapenos (unseeded)
- 1 can of corn
- 1/2 can diced olives
- 16 oz. fat-free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip seasoning mix
- Mix ingredients together. Serve with crackers or raw veggies.
Do you have a go to summer snack? Tell us in the comments!