Spa Cleaning Solutions Made Easy
At Swimming Pool Services, we know that sometimes you don’t have time time to spend hours cleaning your spa. Whether you are cleaning your tub after a long period of inactivity or just don’t have time to give your spa the touch-up it needs, SPS can provide easy and affordable solutions.
Our team of trained spa technicians are available deep clean your spa with a customizable one-session service. Based out of Waukesha, our technicians service all of southeastern Wisconsin. This solution is perfect for those with too little time in life or if things have gotten out of hand. For smaller-scale solutions, or DIY spa cleaning tips and tricks can give you the solutions you need to take matters in your own hands.
Let the experts at Swimming Pool Services take the hassle out of spa ownership. Let us make it easy so you can enjoy your paradise!
Our Spa Cleaning Solutions:
- Expert Spa Cleaning Services
- Cleaning Tips & Tricks
Make Use of Our Expert Spa Cleaning Services
Spa cleaning, while an easy task in small amounts, can build into a larger time-consuming problem. Whether you’re returning to a dirty spa after a long winter or nature took its course while you were on vacation, sometimes a professional is needed to restore your spa to sparkling clean perfection. Our certified technicians are available to help you return your spa’s shine and cleanliness while saving you the time and headache of cleaning it by hand. Based out of Waukesha, we service all of southeastern Wisconsin.
Expert Single Session Spa Cleaning
Our certified technicians are also available for a thorough one-session cleaning of your spa. During this one-time visit, our technician perform a full service cleaning routine:
- The technician will start by draining your spa to ensure every nook and cranny is cleaned.
- The inside and outside of the spa will be cleaned to its original form and rinsed out to remove any cleaning products from your spa before use.
- Your spa will be refilled with clean water to the proper level.
- The technician will clean your spa’s filter to ensure your spa stays in prime condition long after the our services are done.
- The water in your spa will be balanced with chemicals you provide.
After our visit we will provide you with a detailed report of what services we have provided as well as any recommended upgrades or updates for your spa. Sometimes a clean spa still needs maintenance and we can help you spot any potential problems before they become a serious concern.
If you do not have the time to clean your spa or feel as though the need for it to be cleaned is beyond your control, contact us right away for one of our fast and friendly technicians to restore your spa and grant you the peace of mind you deserve.
DIY Spa Cleaning Tips
In addition to our spa cleaning services, small cleaning tasks can be easily performed by yourself. Using common and everyday household products to clean your spa provides a cost-effective solution that keeps your spa sparkling clean and ready for use all season long. There are a few general guidelines for DIY spa maintenance but if you practice these small methods of upkeep you can save yourself the headache of a spa so dirty you’d need a professional.
Household Cleaning Products
There are a few common household cleaning products that are not only great for keeping your spa clean but can be used for other tasks as well.
- Olive Oil: This common cooking oil can be used to clean up tree sap or pitch that has dripped onto your spa cover and cabinet from overhead. Apply a small amount of oil to the sticky areas and rub it into the sap until it dissolves away. Clean up the oily residue with a mild soap solution and warm water.
- White Vinegar: Chalky water line residue can be a real hassle but a diluted mixture of white vinegar (50% water, 50% vinegar) can help remove them from your spa. If you are using this in your spa, drain the water below the areas of application to make it easier to clean. Wipe dry the treated areas and give it a quick rinse with a wet cloth or towel to wipe up any residual white vinegar.
- Baking Soda: Aside from dehumidifying your fridge, baking soda can be used as a gentle abrasive for tough-to-clean problems in your spa. If sap has dried and crusted into a hard chunk or if a tough patch of scum line buildup won’t go away, add so baking soda to a wet sponge (use water) and gently rub the area until clean. Wipe up any residual baking soda with a wet cloth or towel.
- Magic Erasers: This magic little sponge is a great, chemical free tool that only requires water to tackle the toughest dirt, grime, stains and build-up on your spa. You might use a couple erasers on especially tough-to-clean areas, but this tool is versatile and can be used to clean many different types of areas and problems on your tub.
Other Cleaning Products
If you are going to use a chemical cleaner on your spa, be sure to drain the water from the tub before cleaning. Only use non-abrasive, non-sudsing cleaner to your tub and cover to ensure both stay in top condition. Chemical cleaners like Simple Green provide an eco-friendly and non-caustic solution with powerful results. While cleaning, use a soft rag or nylon scrubber remove light dirt buildup both inside and outside your tub. This will prevent any scratches or scoring from causing future damage.
Cleaning Your Spa Cover
If you own a vinyl cover and it needs a quick clean-up, lightly spray it down with a garden hose to loosen any dirt on it. Next, use a mild soap solution (diluted dish soap) or baking soda and gently scrub the top of the cover using a circular motion with a soft, porous sponge. Wipe the top dry with a soft towel. For the bottom of the cover simply rinse it down with a hose and wipe it dry with a towel – you do not need to use soap.
Additional DIY Care Tips
For additional care to keep detergent and dirt out of your spa, try showering without soap before soaking in your tub. This will rinse any dirt off you before you enter the spa. To keep detergent from getting inside, wash your bathing suit on a rinse cycle without laundry soap. This will remove most of the detergent from it and keep your spa clean.
If you feel your spa cleaning needs are beyond your control, contact one of our expert technicians today for a fast, one-visit cleaning session.